2.6.24 - time to switch

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Fri Feb 1 13:48:20 CET 2008

I wrote:
> Now, I thought a bit about how we can bring the great change about
> in SVN,

Graeme had an even better suggestion on IRC. Why change at all ?

The patch names leading to
http://svn.openmoko.org/branches/src/target/kernel/2.6.24.x/patches
are admittedly a mouthful (or a mouseful, in case of copy & paste),
but that didn't kill us in the last month, so I guess we can suffer
it for a bit longer as well.

If we switch to GIT after MP, the whole kernel tree structure in SVN
will be obsolete anyway, so there's little need for perfection till
the bitter end.

That would decouple kernel and distribution, so the latter can
switch whenever they're ready.

I like the idea. Any objections ?