Patch request for the OM 2.6.24 kernel: kexec patch 4736/1

Mike (mwester) mwester at dls.net
Sat Feb 2 18:55:48 CET 2008

I'm requesting that we add Richard Purdie's kexec patch to the openmoko
2.6.24 kernel:

http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/viewpatch.php?id=4736/1

(This patch has been accepted and merged into the arm-linux tree by RMK)

The user-space changes that RP mentions are already in the kexec-tools
package in the feeds for OM; adding this kernel patch enables the ability
for the existing user-space kexec command to alter the command-line
arguments to the  kexec'd kernel.

(Yes, the ability for u-boot to boot from the sd card *does* address some of
the things that kexec does, but u-boot is by no means as flexible as is
kexec with this patch and the matching userspace tools.)

Thanks,
Mike