gta01-pm-* and friends

Mike Montour mail at mmontour.net
Sat Feb 2 19:18:49 CET 2008

Andy Green wrote:

> What is the commercial / political situation about getting an upgrade to
> this gllin binary app?  Is it such that we should not go down that road
> for that one and stick some compatability symlinks in /sys for it?

I obviously can't give an official answer, but considering how long it
took to get gllin released in the first place I don't think that there
will ever be an update.

It is possible to play some games with gllin by LD_PRELOAD-ing a library
that intercepts its system calls and re-writes paths, but it would be
much nicer to have a compatibility symlink in /sys.