Suspended mode

Allen Chang allen_chang at mc.fic.com.tw
Sat Feb 2 13:19:20 CET 2008

Dear all:

Andy Green ??:

>> 	Yes. But I think people would like to know if every IO is ON, how long
>> does the battery could long last? So I suggest we should have a
>> experiment on measuring _MAX_ current consumption of GTA02. Therefore we
>> can obtain a rough continous running time.
>>

> Wah it will be a bad number if we really talk about "MAX" :-)  CPU
> cranking away 100%, packets transmitted all the time on WLAN, Bluetooth,
> GSM module at max TX... MP3 at max loudness, GPS on, Vibrator on full,
> LEDs on full :-)  Good test to see if the PMU blows up.
>
> If we just talk about everything being on but idle again it will
> probably make a (less) bad number.  I guess once we hear this bad number
> people will get more interested in keeping the subsystems OFF until they
> are actually needed by the user, so it is a good thing :-)

 I think the MAX current is too early for us, because the GTA02 has many
peripherals and these peripherals  have  many operating mode. Maybe the
talking time and standby time are important.  Therefore, I suggest we
maybe fore on talking mode and standby mode.
Can we treat  talking mode and standby mode as our fist target?

     Best Wishes
              Allen Chang