GTA01 shared UART vs. flow control (bug #788)

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Sun Feb 3 12:36:59 CET 2008

Mike (mwester) wrote:
> I propose four variants to fix this problem in a manner that will resolve
> the objections presented by the earlier patches.

Nice work, thanks a lot !

1) seems a bit radical to me, but 2) through 4) all look reasonable,
with a slight preference for either 2) or 4), because they degrade
more gracefully if there's a stray printk being sent where it doesn't
belong (e.g., to GSM).

Leaving the decision to Ben sounds fair to me.

> Also, if the [timeout] value is to be configurable (kconfig?),

I was actually thinking of sysfs or, better, a boot parameter.

Thanks,