GTA02 802.11 driver status

Samuel Ortiz sameo at openedhand.com
Wed Feb 6 00:25:44 CET 2008

Hi,

Some quick update about our GTA02 wifi driver...
Over the past weeks, we've been working to support the latest 2.0.x.x
firmwares from Atheros and to stabilize this code.
After messing with pretty nasty bugs, here is the current status:

- We do support Atheros 2.0.x.x firmwares.
- Through the standard wext wpa_supplicant driver, we can establish
open, WEP and WPA[12] links.
- The driver has been going through many tests over all of the above
mentioned networks, and it seems to run fine on each and everyone of
them (SSH, HTTP, FTP and iperf tests).
- Although not comparable with your desktop 802.11 performances, iperf
tests give pretty good throughput results, the lowest one being a
7 Mbits/s for a TCP server iperf test.

That's all for now, please let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,
Samuel.