u-boot text console and splash screen image

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Fri Feb 8 09:40:45 CET 2008

Revision 4026 reverts the use of HWSWP vs. SHORTSWAP32 in u-boot to the
state before revision 3774, i.e., we use HWSWP and SHORTSWAP32.

This is necessary for the GTA02 u-boot text console, and since it was
easy to do (we actually don't need any platform-specific #ifdef in the
CFB driver), I also made GTA01 use this.

As a consequence, images for GTA01 and GTA02 are now generated without
the -swap option of splashimg.pl (i.e., same as last year), and they
also compress a little better again, also eliminating the environment
change that came with revision 3774.

(In other words: if you didn't update u-boot in the last month, there's
no change.)

- Werner

uboot-20061030-neo1973.patch:
- include/configs/neo1973_gta01.h: set VIDEO_FB_16BPP_PIXEL_SWAP
- board/neo1973/common/jbt6k74.c (board_video_init): enable HWSWP in LCDCON5

enable-splash-bmp.patch:
- include/configs/neo1973_gta01.h: adapted for context changes

uboot-gta02.patch:
- include/configs/neo1973_gta02.h: set VIDEO_FB_16BPP_PIXEL_SWAP