Better characterization of suspend current

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Fri Feb 8 14:12:39 CET 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> But the lab supplies everyone actually uses do not have this feature
> AFAIK, they're "ideal" voltage sources regardless of current.

Yes, we don't have too may of those fancy ones. The others are more
basic.

> That must be a recent innovation, or you are actually running off USB
> with a battery just sitting there, because GTA02 charging has never
> worked AFAICT until the patches of a couple of days ago.

Perhaps average power consumption is just low enough that USB will
feed the system well enough almost all the time, and the battery
only gets involved if there's the occasional spike.

I also normally don't activate any RF peripherals, so the base
load is low.