Neo Freerunner PMU Status

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Mon Feb 11 01:29:03 CET 2008

Harald Welte wrote:
> Now the question is rather: why is that garbage collection thread using
> PID 1.  It shouldn't do that, since that PID is reserved for init and
> nothing else.

PID 1 is just the thread that starts the garbage collector, so this
looks okay.

We could hack around the issue by blocking (parent) signals in
jffs2_start_garbage_collect_thread or even kernel_thread.

And/or we could add a CLONE_ORPHAN flag indicate that we don't want the
child to die just because the parent does. If this is implemented in
copy_process, the flag would have to be stripped if coming from user
space. If implemented in kernel_thread, it could just trigger blocking
of parent signals.