Suspended mode

ALLEN_CHANG at fic.com.tw ALLEN_CHANG at fic.com.tw
Fri Feb 15 10:51:59 CET 2008

Dear All:
> When GSM on with sleep mode (or power saving but still connect to GSM
> network), the GSM module will _flicking_ the power from 1-2mA to couple
> uA, could observed on power supply's LCD panel. If not in power saving
> mode, it will takes about 20mA at idle. But yesterday's suspend
> experiment result was GSM module still takes 40-50 mA, that is way to
> high.

I found that GSM Modem's current is unstable. Sometime it only is 5-8 mA current in sleep mode. But 16-18mA current often appears.
I try to set S3C2442's pins which connect to GSM to input function
The current is the same. I think the GPIO setting isn't a problem.
The total current is GSM modem + 3~4mA
Therefore, I sometime found the total is 9mA with GSM. But the normal suspend current is 20mA.
I think we need someone to check GSM modem's consumption.

  Best Wishes~

Allen Chang ( 張 吉 隆 )

First International Computer Inc.
7F, No.300, Yang Guang St., NeiHu, Taipei, 114, Taiwan
Tel: +886-2-8751-8751 Ext: 6171

Fax: +886-2-8751-8739

Email:allen_chang at fic.com.tw