charging bl-5c | bl-6c

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Fri Feb 15 21:08:46 CET 2008

Michael Shiloh wrote:
> I'm no expert on this, but I think the charging and discharge curves for
> the battery in the real device need to be studied in order to create the
> appropriate parameters.

Most battery charger chips seem to be content with basically two
parameters: maximum current and maximum voltage.

So as long as you're in no hurry to charge the battery, and you
can accept getting only a partial change, something like 4.2V and
500mA should be a pretty universally compatible setting for this
class of batteries.

If you don't care about niceties like gently recovering
deep-discharged batteries, you can even do with just a lab power
supply :-)