GPIO0 trough 2 shorted to ground

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Fri Feb 22 23:43:09 CET 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> What's notable is we might as well save current by throwing out the NPNs
> and drive the LEDs directly then :-)

And the GPIO pins would suffer 75% less ;-)

> A fix we might be able to do is change the NPNs into N-Channel MOSFET in
> same package.

If we can source such parts on short notice, which is often much
harder than you'd expect. (I'll have to tell you about the sourcing
adventures of our glorious past over a beer :)

Otherwise, we may use transistors with built-in resistors, of which
we already have a few in our designs. That would also spare us the
re-layout.