Question on A5 power routing (was: Re: A5 Power routing "minor issues" for some modules)

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Tue Feb 26 21:09:28 CET 2008

I can see using the GTA02 being used in research labs or in product
development labs as an embedded and connected controller for
prototyping, using the USB port in host mode to interface to arbitrary
external electronics. In this case I would want to power the GTA02 via
USB, with the battery installed to satisfy instantaneous current draw.

I realize that this is unorthodox. This is a prototype.

Assuming the user is comfortable hacking at driver code in order to
enable this, is there anything in the hardware which prevents accepting
power from the USB port in host mode, powering the GTA02 (except for
those modules you mention below) and charging the battery at the same time?

Would any of the changes proposed for A6 prevent this?

Michael