Power Management and OpenMoko - third power setting

maddog maddog at workseverywhere.com
Mon Feb 25 17:47:03 CET 2008

I have been using the NEO 1973 with the Trolltech software on it hung around
my neck with a laynard.  The phone would discharge in less than a day, just
being on standby.

I then noticed that it would go into some mode accidently, so I started
locking the phone.  This cut power consumption greatly.

However, the phone still lit up brightly every time the screen was touched,
and took about 20 seconds to go back to being blank.

I suggest a third mode where the phone is locked, and only hitting the
alternate button (or briefly holding the power button) OR having some
incoming event (such as a call) would cause the phone to light up and
unlock.  As long as all that was happening was something hitting the screen,
the screen would not light up nor would the phone unlock.

Thanks,

maddog