U-Boot slow "uncompressing"

pgssgp at gmail.com pgssgp at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 21:55:54 CET 2008

Hi,

>>> Wah thanks Mickey, I'll change over... that explains it.
>>>

>> Yep chopped decompression down to ~1s... great...
>>

> Good.
>

>> It's ~18s from power -> rootfs mounted and init running now... that
>> includes putting the splash up but with loglevel=0 so there are no boot
>> messages on the LCM.
>>

>> If we set init=/bin/sh on the kernel commandline, we can actually meet
>> this 20s boot time target... kinda....
>>

> Well, 20s is almost insanely tough. My N810 takes 40s.

Just to add, as jffs2 is used as  root filesytem  which by default does
compression .
And while executing an application it does decompression this will
increase application launch time.
To avoid this we should disable jffs2 compression (i think there is an
option to mkfs.jffs2), don't know
how this will be reduce the boot time
--pgssgp