GTA01 USB host mode

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Wed Jan 23 14:25:07 CET 2008

> usb-modeswitch patch is working fine with GPB9.
> The following patch: https://svn.openmoko.org/branches/src/target/
> kernel/2.6.24.x/patches/s3c2410-usb-switch.patch has to be used to
> switch to usb mode.

Is this patch qualified for inclusion in the 'main' kernel at some
point?  What I mean is, if I want to add USB-device support to an
application, will my users be able to just use it without fuss on the
released GTA02?  I would hate to have this limitation ..

fwiw, I'm doing a fair bit of USB-MIDI interface hacking around, and
would love it if the only thing that needed to be done to get USB-
MIDI working on the gta02 (besides bundling drivers and firmware for
the MIDI interface [midex3/midex8/etc.]) would be to get the cable
made ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan