2.6.24 status

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Fri Jan 25 06:49:57 CET 2008

Hi all,

good news: 2.6.24 also boots on GTA01. As it's usually the case with
obscure and elusive errors, it was a simple mistake that caused it:
my defconfig had the UART settings for GTA02 (for low-level debug
output), which caused an endless loop. Sounds familiar, doesn't it ?

The UART selection logic is different on the 2442, so GTA02 boots
fine with the GTA01 settings.

Since 2.6.24 is now officially released, I rebased our 2.6.24 tree
on it. Both GTA01v2 and GTA02v3 boot and interact. (So that's NAND,
LCM, framebuffer, and touch screen.)

When I first booted 2.6.24 o GTA02v3, I got bit rot in the GTA02
framebuffer ("noise" appearing in short lines, maybe some ~20-80
pixels long), but this disappeared on subsequent tries.