backlight device, suspend/resume... / Suspend during calls

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Wed Jul 9 16:50:00 CEST 2008

Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> yeah. it'd be nice to have this. this would make so many things simpler, but
> then we REALLY need userspace actively aware of power saving.

Raste^H^H^H^H^HPandora's box is open now ;-) I think this is where
we ultimately have to go. In some cases, we'll be able to hide power
state in a layer below the application, but in some cases, this isn't
a good model, and trying to forcibly fit everything into that model
just causes confusion, bugs, and pain (not the pleasurable one meted
out by Andy's leather-clad design dominatrix ;-)