Backup battery discharged -> GTA01 and GTA02 dead

Ben Wilson ben at abcom.co.nz
Sun Jul 20 04:10:08 CEST 2008

How did you externally charge the battery?
I’m not sure about the neo/freerunner battery and haven't been paying
much attention to this thread
but some battery packs have electronics inside and you can’t just charge
them like you would a normal battery.

If you just apply external voltage to the batteries + and – terminals
all you end up with is
a battery that is 'charged' but 'thinks' it's flat (and reports to the
device that it’s flat).

Feel free to correct me if this does not apply to the neo/freerunner,
just thought I’d mention it in case it does.

Ben.