RFC: blow Ethernet-over-USB into a module

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Wed Jul 30 21:41:36 CEST 2008

Am Mittwoch 30 Juli 2008 20:59:50 schrieb Andy Green:
> |> Is anyone using NFS over USB Ethernet?
> |
> | Yes, all the time. Very useful for developing userland stuff.
>
> Why is it uniquely useful though, there is more than one way to come at
> it, and that method has its downsides.

Sure, I just enjoy typing make on my host and rerunning the binary on the
freerunner without any scp'ing around.

> If don't need to throw it out, fine...

Nah, by all means do what improves the user experience. For development, I
have an own defconfig anyways :) Sooner or later I have to work on a USB mode
service anyways to allow switching @ runtime.

Cheers,

--
:M: