neo1973-feed.conf (was RFC: blow Ethernet-over-USB into a module)

Benedikt Schindler BeniSchindler at gmx.de
Thu Jul 31 16:57:30 CEST 2008

Dale Schumacher schrieb:
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 2:56 AM, Benedikt Schindler
> <BeniSchindler at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> Take a Freerunner. Put ASU on it. Just like it's discribed on the wiki and
>> in the mailings lists. (so take the mwester opkg-config)
>> Have a "/etc/opkg/neo1973-feed.conf" still present in the config.
>> do a "opkg update && opkg upgrade"

sorry! i made a mistake. It wasn't mwester's config.
it was from mike (Michael Sheldon).
> Why is '/etc/opkg/neo1973-feed.conf' needed in the Freerunner opkg
> configuration?  What would be the result of removing it?  Is it
> different for 2007.2, ASU, Qtopia, FSO?

I,  have no idea if  you need it. It is there out of the ASU-Box. :) And
it remains there until you deleted it manualy.
I did delete it because of the kernel / kernel-modules problem. so that
i have the right kernel and the right modules.
Didn't have problems since that time. But i also didn't know if there
are some packages in there wich aren't in some
other folder. ... so my Exposure still isn't working. maybe because i
haven't the neo1973-feed any more.

But i think, this is the wrong list for this discussion. ...

cu Beni

btw : write me a mail if you know what feeds are needed for what
device / distro... or if you find a place in the wiki where it is listed...
thx