my work about KBOOT

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Thu Jun 5 09:54:34 CEST 2008

Joerg Reisenweber wrote:
> Another thing is "do we charge our battery, do we right on it?".

Hmm, what do you mean ?

> Yet another question is "did we reset (charger/battery &) press-button
> interupts so we won't miss the next one".

As long as not clearing the interrupt doesn't cause other mischief,
it doesn't sound too useful to gather that data in the boot loader
if the boot loader isn't going to act on it anyway. Just make sure
it's not completely lost and let the kernel take care of it.

The boot loader of course needs a special path for resume, but this
is yet another separate issue :-)

> As posted before: I hooked up usb-charger, selected "power down" from the
> (surely outdated) boot-menu, and ended with a DRAINED BATTERY while on
> usb-charger!

Separate issue, independent from the kboot work ;-)