Execution times in early boot and AUX timing

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Sat Jun 7 21:38:56 CEST 2008

Joerg Reisenweber wrote:
> Strange enough, for NOR I have to *release* AUX eventually,

You need a newer u-boot for your NOR :-)

Once upon a time, I made u-boot wait for AUX to be released so that I
could copy the exception vectors into SteppingStone. (Otherwise, an
interrupt after releasing AUX would jump into undefined code and crash
the system. This happened regularly when people booted from NOR and
then plugged in USB.)

Then I found a cheap way to remap address space 0x0....... to
0x3....... (that's where the DRAM is), and u-boot now sets this
remapping whenever it enables interrupts.

With current u-boot, you can hold AUX as long as you wish.