My Gta02s wont charge

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Sun Jun 22 23:17:27 CEST 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> Instead what we're left with is trying to find
> a way through the maze of default fixed behaviours of the PMU and trying
> to match them with what we need.

That describes the experience quite accurately ;-)

> On the charging settings for the battery, it seems to use a constant
> voltage mode for at least the latter part of the charging,

Yes, there are three phases:

- qualification, where it tries to find out if the battery is any good
- constant current
- constant voltage

There's a nice diagram in the PCF50606 manual, figure 41, on page 62.

If you skip the qualification, you can just use a lab supply as charger.
Very convenient ;-)