GTA02 u-boot and kernel status

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Wed Mar 5 00:58:57 CET 2008

On Tuesday 04 March 2008 20:44:52 Werner Almesberger wrote:
> - the LCM sometimes stays dark when we bring up u-boot. This one is
>   a bit nasty because it's confusing if the machine just doesn't
>   respond. (Even though the hardware is perfectly healthy.)

Please at least turn on the red power LED from U-Boot as a life indicator.

> - the PMUs driving the LEDs seem to have a bunch of issues, including
>   failure to survive suspend, failure to light up, and failure to turn
>   off completely.

Is the unability to control them individually (switching more than one on is
not possible) from U-boot an artefact of the same problem?

> - AUX can crash u-boot booting from NAND

Unrelated, but could you please write to the display whether we are in NOR
boot menu or NAND boot menu?

> So I think we should plan to have a complete system software overhaul
> along with the UI update that's already planned. Most of the issues
> are more annoying than truly critical. What's more important is that
> none point to yet undiscovered major hardware issues or break
> recovery from NOR.

I'm still a bit worried about a couple of bugs in bugzilla wrt. to gsm, audio,
and wifi though -- if you say all of these are software issues though, i'm
fine with going MP.

:M: