accessing the GTA02 boot options

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Wed Mar 5 07:58:46 CET 2008

GTA02 has a number of boot choices. Here's how they're accessed:

- default boot:
  Press and hold POWER until the splash screen has been visible
  for at least three seconds. (It's okay to hold POWER longer
  than that.)

- NAND boot menu:
  Press and hold POWER, then, no later than when the splash screen
  appears, press and hold AUX. Release both when the boot menu
  appears.

- NOR boot menu:
  Press and hold AUX, then press and hold POWER. Release AUX after
  starting to press POWER. Release POWER when the boot menu appears.

Today, I realized that, when cleaning up environment.in a few days
ago, I had removed "usbtty=cdc_acm", which disabled console access
... bullet, dodged :-)

So when experimenting with NOR, please make sure to use the latest
u-boot made with the latest devirginator in SVN. I put mine here:
http://people.openmoko.org/werner/nor.bin-gta02v5-20080305