Accellerometer ioctl

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Mon Mar 10 16:55:02 CET 2008

Hi Andy,

thanks for your explanation.

> Due to tolerances 1G is reported as ~0x3ba milli-G == 954mG
> on the sensor I looked at.  Or it could be the alien space
> drive I mounted on my roof.''

Heh :)

More questions: What about the resume stuff? IIRC the idea was that the
accellerometers could be programmed to wake up on certain gestures^wevents --
is that still possible and if so, how?

> If you hit trouble or have questions please don't hesitate.  If you
> think the driver should do some manipulation on the data first to cut
> the report rate to userspace, that's really interesting too.

Well, properly dealing with accellerometers is a complex thing. I have added
an entry to the GSoC 2008 list of ideas. At the end of the day, you want
gestures, not data. Towards this we will probably need to adopt something
like tslib does.

:M: