Atheros AR6001 Wifi Support

wstucker at gmail.com wstucker at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 21:30:20 CET 2008

Hi, I'm a student at Boston University, trying to implement an Atheros
AR6001 Wifi chip on an I(ntel)Mote2. Our os for the Imote2 is 2.4.24
kernel. Basically, I'm trying to create my own updated kernel for the
Imote2. I am using a patch from
(www-sigproc.eng.cam.ac.uk/%7Ejic23/IMOTE2/) which I think is a defconfig
to auto set the kernel up for the Imote2. I'm then using the Atheros
patches modified by Samuel Ortiz.

I can get the kernel to compile and it is bootable, but when I go to
make the modules, I get thrown an error because some stuff thats
required for the SDIO modules for the Atheros chip is not defined
in my patch for the Imote2.

The error occurs doing "make modules"

drivers/sdio/stack/busdriver/sdio_bus_os.c:363:2:#error "CONFIG_PNP not
defined"
make [4] *** [drivers/sdio/stack/busdriver/sdio_bus_os.c] Error 1
make [3] *** [drivers/sdio/stack/busdriver] Error 2
make [2] *** [drivers/sdio/stack] Error 2
make [1] *** [drivers/sdio] Error 2
make ** [drivers] Error2

I guess my question is how do I approach debugging this problem. Do I need
to modify my patch for the Imote2 so that it contains CONFIG_PNP or do I
need to modify the Atheros patch to look for something other than
CONFIG_PNP.

I was looking at the neofreerunner_defconfig and it has CONFIG_PNP set to
y, whereas CONFIG_PNP in my imote2 defconfig completely ommited the term
CONFIG_PNP, although it did have CONFIG_IP_PNP.

Thanks for you help,
William Stucker