Post- GTA02

joerg joerg.twinklephone at gmx.de
Wed Mar 19 14:41:58 CET 2008

Am Mi  19. März 2008 schrieb Robert Schuster:
> Regarding rootfs on SD solely: I second Nils' arguments.
>
> Everybody fears that internal flash one day dies and renders the device
> unusable. How about replacable internal flash modules? Is that possible?

German computer mag c't made a series of tests some time ago: they didn't
achieve to provoke any wear on a flash by repeated (max speed) rewrites,
within the time they were willing to run the automated test. Their conclusion
was that these internal management algorithms seem to do a very good job, and
flash probably doesn't deteriorate as fast as it's told.

cheers
jOERG