Post- GTA02

joerg joerg.twinklephone at gmx.de
Fri Mar 21 03:54:49 CET 2008

Am Fr  21. März 2008 schrieb Graeme Gregory:
> On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 10:27:47 +0000
> Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com> wrote:
> > We had some internal talk about how to go post GTA02 and Wolfgang
> > wants us to make it external.
> >
> I just thought of a feature we sorely missed on GTA01/02.
>
> Echo Cancellation
>
> Otherwise we can never operate in speakerphone mode which is pretty
> standard for all GSM type devices whether they are phones or not.

I mentioned this some days ago in this list. Echo suppression/cancelation.
First of all it's a question of some rubber parts. Improve housing!
But these won't do the job completely.
I think, a 400MHz CPU plus Wolfson chip can do the magic (well, diminished
responsiveness while canceling echo. So what? We're in a call). ZyXEL 9600
were able to cope with (transatlantic) echo.

Though I had no close look at it yet.

> According to my sources this function is normally built into the GSM
> chipset. So we should check that when we shop for different ones.

Maybe. There's few info on this. (someone send me the Siemens specs? Please!)

/j