Post- GTA02

joerg joerg.twinklephone at gmx.de
Fri Mar 21 19:18:33 CET 2008

Am Fr  21. März 2008 schrieb Andy Green:
> > Yep, i see. But we have to drive the LCM anyway during call, no?
>
> I don't know why we do that when it is just illuminating your earlobes.

There has to be a way (=button, =LCM) to end the call at least ;-)
Sure it's not nice to have CPU running full power for some task that can be
done in GSM chipset (though i'm not sure this is a common feature for these
chips. Maybe we really need a specialized chip for this), but switching off
display is sth that can be done only while you really have the phone pressed
to your ear - there are all kinds of user interaction (e.g. Hold,
Mute/Volume, DTMF) and usefull info (e.g. duration, BattState) during
established call, that need a working LCM. We have no keyboard! Just TS.
You're not suggesting an interface-free phone you have to shake or sth to end
the call?
However, to throttle down the CPU while call sure is a good thing, that's
worth looking for different ways to cancel echo.

cheers
jOERG