dont-smoke.patch / Gold cap possibilities

joerg joerg.twinklephone at gmx.de
Tue Mar 25 10:26:43 CET 2008

Am Di  25. März 2008 schrieb Andy Green:
> > Shouldn't we have a goldcap parallel to (maybe removed) battery, to buffer
> > spikes?
>
> It's quite a little area of physical space,

Yep, those aren't THAT small.

> and I pulled the battery
> many times and it never made a crash, the PMU is pretty decent at
> handling that.

I thought of spikes above 100mA when booting without bat. And this
strange "killersound" when removing bat while charge (only on GTA01?)
And of course buffer while battchange.

> Whether it makes a "feature" if the phone suspended on battery removal,
> survived for 20 seconds on the goldcap so you can swap the battery and
> resume, I dunno.

I think it's cool :-)

> Inrush current from the battery would need managing
> with a series resistor is all.
Yep, plus a schottky, for discharge. Maybe, depends on R.
Well we may easily retrofit :-) If we can find a space

jOERG