update from s-media regarding landscape flicker

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Tue Mar 25 14:30:41 CET 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> Yes, I guess the problem for this chip comes from the fact it still
> issues a portrait raster to the LCM, so it has to compose each portrait
> line from pixels that are totally disjoint in memory.

Just a thought: if the LCM could be configured to run in landscape
mode, we could use 640x480 "portrait" instead, and avoid that issue.

Now, the documentation we have for the LCM controller doesn't give
us enough information to tell is this is possible. 4.1.2.3 of the
TD028TTEC1 Software Design Guide, which is about the closest thing
we have to an explanation of what this chip does, doesn't mention
anything that sounds like the orientation (but then, "Drive system
change control" could be pretty much anything).

Perhaps something worth asking TPO for ? (Along with a real manual
for the JBT6K74, of course ;-)