Jack-IRQ storm on resume

joerg joerg.twinklephone at gmx.de
Wed Mar 26 04:05:28 CET 2008

Am Mi  26. März 2008 schrieb Holger Freyther:
[...]
> The below commit is doing the following:
> 	- Fix the download state:
> 		1 for download active (nDL_GSM low)
> 		0 for download not active (default, nDL_GSM high)
>
> 	- Bite the bitter apple and do the layering violation and disable jack
> interrupts while downloading is active.
>
> 	- Remember the state of downloading. This assumes that the sysfs download
> file is the only place we set nDL_GSM. Default is 1 and changed by sysfs
> write to 'download'
>
> 	- On suspend disable downloading
> 	- On resume restore the value as of the saved state.

My 2 cents:
FW-DL *must_not* be interupted (usual disclaimer). Continuing FW-DL after a
suspend may cause trouble. There is just one special case when nDL_GSM shall
be asserted, and this should be done by one special app only, and after
flashing this app will restore "normal" state.
So the point is: there's no need to store state of "downloading" during
suspend, instead it seems to be better to reset it on suspend (/resume).
Disabling suspend all together, while in DL-mode is a more reasonable scheme.

cheers
jOERG