gta01/02 address space

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at openmoko.com
Thu May 1 11:35:58 CEST 2008

hmm, so maybe the addresses from 'nand bad' in u-boot are 0-based?
I have a GTA02 here (#114) with 4 bad blocks (0ff80000, 0ffa0000,
0ffc0000, 0ffe0000).
That would mean that the last 4 blocks of NAND are bad. Before making
that assumption I wanted to double-check whether this isn't memory
mapped somewhere with a base other than 0, but you say it's not.
Werner asked a few times we should run tests over a number of units to
find out  whether bad blocks are evenly distributed, or more prevalent
in some places.
Until I hear otherwise, I will assume those numbers are 0-based. If I
find the first >= 10000000 I know I'm wrong ;-)
Wolfgang