2.6.26 tracking

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Thu May 8 14:14:57 CEST 2008

On Thu, May 08, 2008 at 11:37:23AM +0100, Andy Green wrote:

> Our Alsa stuff has gone through the alsa lists into mainline thanks to
> Graeme if I understood it, which was nice to see, there were one or two
> things to clean there but basically it replaced some of our patches.
> Nice treat.

The GTA02 stuff is not merged with Linus or with the main ALSA tree - it
relies on asm/arch/gta02.h which hasn't been merged yet so it won't build.
It's sitting in the ASoC tree, though.  Otherwise you should be down to
only carrying gta02-sound-bandaid.patch I think?

FWIW the ALSA maintainers reject patchs that aren't checkpatch clean so
it'd be helpful if you could be strict about that when accepting patches
for there at least.  Greame and myself have cleaned up the existing ASoC
code so hopefully this shouldn't be too much work but it's worth bearing
in mind.  Some other subsystems have similar policies.