[Fwd: flash partition 5 - factory, not rootfs]

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Sat May 24 08:11:46 CEST 2008

A friend writes:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: flash partition 5 - factory, not rootfs
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 11:17:17 -0400

In GTA01 there are 5 flash partitions, #5 is rootfs. In Freerunner there
are 6, a new #5 is called "factory" and rootfs is #6.

I may be the only one dumb enough to make this mistake, but I had a
shell script for running dfu-util and, you can guess what comes next.

My phone still seems to work with part of the rootfs written over the
factory partition, but I'd still like to know:

	- what are the contents of the "factory" partition supposed to be;
	- where can I get a replacement copy of its contents
	(e.g., if it's important, could one of you possibly
		dfu-util -U to upload a copy?

Since I might not be the only one dumb enough to make this mistake :-) -
there's a thousand others out there moving from gta01 to gta02 "soon" -
maybe this file should be online someplace?

Thanks

P.S. I won't ask why the numbers changed, I just won't.