power management regressing?

Sean McNeil sean at mcneil.com
Sun May 25 05:34:08 CEST 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> | It seems power management is much worse this week than last.
> |
> | 1) Audio is not returned to the proper state on resume.
> | 2) GSM radio serial link not returned to proper state.
> | 3) Screen flashes occasionally as though it is being awakened at times
> | then goes back to black.
> | 4) audio pops.
> | 5) Sometimes doesn't wake up at all and I have to pull USB and battery
> | to recover. No other way works.
> |
> | These issues were not present about a wee ago. I have made sure I do not
> | have merge issues with the andy tree.
>
> Not really seeing these, although I don't particularly test the GSM
> side.  If what you propose is exactly as you say it, you are really
> saying that these four patches
>
> 4 days ago
>     Andy Green
>     fix-reduce-wake-reasons-in-pcf50633.patch
>
> 4 days ago
>     Andy Green
>     add-resume-reason-sysfs.patch
>
> 7 days ago
>     Andy Green
>     fix-motion-sensor-corruption.patch
>
> 7 days ago
>     Holger Freyther
>     Fixup hang on resume caused by the s3c2410 touch screen ...
>
> made all that trouble?  It seems more likely some of these are longer
> term issues other people see, eg, pulseaudio bug is floating around for
> audio issue, hang in pcf50633 when suspended for a while, etc.
>
> What config are you using?
>
> -Andy
Well one of the problems is that the LED is being seriously over-tweaked
on resume. There should be no need to turn it on, then off, then on yet
again if you are a gta02. Plus there is a timing issue where the
gta02_jbt6k74_resuming is expected to be called after pcf50633_resume.
This does not appear to be the case if you awake from something like a ring.

The attached changes make my screen reliably turn back on.

Sean