Qi for S3C2410

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Tue Nov 11 18:10:08 CET 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> it would be best if it only appended to
> the hardcoded one.

That would certainly cover most usage cases. I even had to look
up what I called the option for replacing the parameter line (as
opposed to appending to it) in LILO :-)

The only option we regularly use that cannot be overridden by
a later option would be "console=". The command line limit of
1024 bytes is hopefully nothing anyone will ever hit.

An easy mechanism for having both possibilities would be to treat
the first character in the loaded command line differently: if
it's a certain special character, e.g., an equal sign, then the
new line replaces the old one. In all other cases, it appends to
it.