[UPSTREAM 0/2] pcf50633 changes

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon Nov 17 04:26:09 CET 2008

>> 4. Emergency 8s shutdown has been temporarily removed from the driver
>> as it certainly does not belong there.

> What's the plan for this one ? Lots of people seem to feel a strong
> emotionally attachment to having the equivalent of ctrl-alt-del :)

Actually, my phone is regularly completely locked, so I just have to
take out the battery.  This 8s shutdown thingy sometimes works, so it
reduces the wear on the back-plate maybe by half, but it's still
not great.  Isn't there some hardware watchdog on this puppy that we
could use to get a reliable "reboot on freeze"?

        Stefan