stable-tracking test image

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Tue Nov 18 09:42:23 CET 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> Because we want Balaji's stuff in the new stable it will be branched off
> andy-tracking rather than stable-tracking when we nuke the last few bugs
> including this.  (Balaji's stuff is based off stable-tracking,
> andy-tracking is based off Balaji's stuff; but if we import Balaji's
> stuff direct to stable-tracking it will conflict when we see it come in
> from upstream.)

Hmm, so you'll keep Balaji's work in andy-tracking until it comes
back via upstream ? That may take a while, during which we'll have
different power management in the two trees ...

By the way, regarding screen blanking: the bug that made the
backlight not quite turn off also showed that there's more going
on: it seems that we also don't turn off the LCM controller and all
the Glamo clocks. (Either would cause the LCM content to decay,
which it didn't do.)

So I if someone feels inclined to squeeze out a few more milliamps,
a useful test would be to comment out the action in all but one of
the relevant suspend functions, and see if the remaining one has
the desired effect. Iterate through all of them.