stable-tracking test image

Klaus Kurzmann mok at mnet-online.de
Tue Nov 18 13:27:17 CET 2008

* Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com> [081118 13:20]:
> | * Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com> [081118 12:29]:

> |> Sorry why did the wsod come, this is from coming out of blanking?
> | I've got the same result (WSoD) and I took care it won't blank before
> | suspending. I did one suspend/resume cycle, where I waited just 30secs
> | before resuming and that worked fine - _no_ WSoD.

> I'm not that patient, I usually resume within a few seconds of
> suspending and there is definitely no WSOD coming from that here.
Ahh, because the WSoD comes only after some time of suspend (or screen
being blanked). This 'some time' seems to be different from Freerunner
to Freerunner. For mine it's 1min and 10sec - tested repeatedly with a
clock - which makes testing this stuff easy :) (hinders using it as a
phone though ;)

> | Then I did one suspend/resume cycle, where I waited 2mins before
> | resuming - WSoD.

> Hm.  This is sounding a little bit like the "is the GSM modem waking us"
> type problem, I have no SIM card in this phone.

> I gave it three minutes and no WSOD here.
maybe your Freerunner shows it after ten hours? maybe never...

> | If you want me to test this with some specific test rootfs (without X,
> | frameworkd), just tell me which one :)

> Try it without SIM card in if it's OK?
Yep, will do so after lunch.

> -Andy