Want console message spew [Re: qi-update-README.patch]

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Tue Nov 25 13:58:21 CET 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> This definitely is useful if you have a panic or other serious trouble
> and no debug board, but if you're working OK it just slows boot down.

Harald once mentioned that he may Glamo-accelerate the text console.

(I once tried to put Xglamo's block copy code into the kernel but
failed miserably. So it's not as easy as it seemed. Unfortunately,
I lost my patch as well :-( )

Maybe we'll eventually get something that makes console speed a bit
less retro ...