preparing pcf50633 for upstream

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Thu Oct 2 04:47:36 CEST 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> Let's keep resisting the urge to change stuff at the same time as the
> upstream work unless we see we really have to, there is going to be
> quite enough risk and difficulty just from the necessary changes.

Well, if we've accidently been using some deprecated interfaces,
that would be the kind of change we should make anyway.

What happens inevitably with a major review is that stuff turns up
that nobody really understands, but so far everyone assumed that
it's there for a good reason and didn't bother to dig deeper.

So we're actually getting a bit closer to understanding what our
software really does. It's about time ;-)