preparing pcf50633 for upstream

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Thu Oct 2 14:25:14 CEST 2008

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> ...if someone writes a battery class driver for GTA01.

So if we remove the APM code from the the driver destined for upstream,
then there will be the following possibilities:

- we get a battery class driver done for GTA01 in time to submit along
  with the PCF50633 changes, so everything comes back at the same time
  from upstream,

- we get that battery class driver for GTA01 done by the time the
  PCF50633 changes come back, so it would be an OM-local patch until
  the next iteration, or

- if all else fails, we can just put the APM emulation calls back as
  an OM-local patch when the PCF50633 changes come back, and remove
  them when we're ready to use the battery class for everything.

Does this sound good ? My hunch is that we'll probably end up with the
middle choice, which doesn't seem too bad.