Starting with s3c6410

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Fri Oct 3 16:53:55 CEST 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> It's a great example of Openmoko scratching its own itch for
> the reasons above AND giving back to Linux in a major, high quality way
> - -- direct into mainline.  Obviously this is great for Samsung too.

As someone from those Open Software organizations once said at FISL,
explaining why it makes sense to do things that may even help your
competitors: "all boats will rise".

> That's definitely
> something we would like see more regularly and living on HEAD helps that.

Staying close to HEAD should be the normal way of doing things. I
think everybody is hurting because our current mainline is so far
from upstream, so it's good to start this on the right foot.