WLAN and SPI: going native

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Sat Oct 4 20:45:01 CEST 2008

andrzej zaborowski wrote:
>> the testing tool. In interrupt mode, I now obtained about 190 MB/s
>
> I'm affraid that was kB.

Ah, yes. 190MB/s would have given us quite the competitive edge for
the next decade or so ;-)

> I seem to remember Samuel got it half working at some point.  IIRC at
> some moment he said he had made the wlan initialise with the native
> stack and only some hours later he actually registered to an access
> point.

Oh, I didn't remember that he got that far. In any case, there's been
a number of fixes for SDIO bugs in the S3C MMC driver recently, each
of the bugs more than sufficient to make S3C MMC eventually fail.

> IIRC that work hadn't been finished and then there were higher
> priority things to do when the newer firmware version came.  It might
> be worth searching his in his directories on http://*.openmok.org/

I'll poke around. Thanks !