GSM passthrough (Re: Fwd: Getting IMEI from uboot)

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Mon Oct 6 11:49:00 CEST 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 05:10:51PM +0200, Francesco Albanese wrote:

> Can you confirm this ? Anybody knows what is the possible cause ? (If
> yes, I'll investigate) The gsm_power_on function seems to act
> correctly on GPIO.

possible other causes:
* no clock to the respective UART (see untested patch below)
* baud rate configuration issue (unlikely if serial console works)
* some flow control related problem

> B.I don't know really how to read a file from the factory parrtition
> while working on u-boot. Any suggestion is welcome.

As Andy pointed out, it is just an ext2 partition.  If u-boot is compiled
with ext2 support, you should be able to use the standard ext2ls and ext2load
commands of u-boot.

Looking forward to meeting you later today ;)

Cheers,