fyi : [Om2008.8] - No soundcards found.. - "solved" (maybe problem with qi ?)

Thomas White taw27 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Oct 8 13:25:52 CEST 2008

Mark Brown <broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com> wrote:

> This bit of dmesg posted in the original e-mail looks rather relevent,
>
> | SoC version 0.13.1
> | Only GTA01 hardware supported by ASoc driver
>
> Looks like the GTA01 driver has been loaded on a GTA02...

I may have something useful to contribute:

Last night I upgraded from Om2008 (stable and fully updated) to
Om2008-testing.  Sound seemed to be working during a test phone call,
but an SDL program I wrote which uses SDL for the sound didn't,
claiming "No available audio device".  "aplay" could play things fine.

I switched to a kernel which I'd compiled myself, with "-taw" in the
name (hence having a separate directory full of modules), and now it
seems to be back to normal.  The GTA01 message is still there, but
there's a "device list" which I don't THINK was there when it was
broken:

Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.15 (Tue Nov 20
19:16:42 2007 UTC). ASoC version 0.13.1
Only GTA01 hardware supported by ASoc driver
wm8753: WM8753 Audio Codec 0.16
asoc: WM8753 HiFi <-> s3c24xx-i2s mapping ok
asoc: WM8753 Voice <-> Bluetooth mapping ok
ALSA device list:
  #0: neo1973-gta02 (WM8753)

So - is it possible there's a "simple" kernel modules mix-up?

Tom

--

Thomas White
Department of Materials Science and Metallurgy