[Stable] Unable to compile GTA02 kernel without CONFIG_MACH_NEO1973_GTA01 set

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Fri Oct 10 02:25:50 CEST 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> It seems some other folks are interested to take care about making sure
> we are clean for config variations, I'll leave this to them.

Sounds like a good plan. Since Nelson should soon become the one who
will find config conflicts long before anyone else would, I think it
would be good if he could assume the role of "config czar" for a while,
and not only report but also try to fix those conflicts. That should
also make his work a bit more entertaining :-)

Long-term, I would expect that as soon as the random config checker
works well, it will pretty quickly find all the config bugs we have,
and thus eliminate most of its work. Since we'll still introduce new
issues from time to time, this would then become something for our QA
department to take care of, so ownership of that testing utility would
then get transferred to them, and the temporary role of the "config
czar" wouldn't be needed anymore.

Nelson, does that plan sound good to you ?